Job Reference: J5633342
Updated On: 09/07/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Senior Scientist - Histology
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Histology to join a leading Contract Research Organisation based in the Edinburgh, Scotland. As the Senior Scientist - Histology you will support the Team Leader with the running of the department and management of Client Projects. You will act as Study Director on a range of client projects including specialist services such as Multi-Plex assay development and RNAscope (In-situ hybridisation).
This opportunity would suite an experienced Study Director who has worked to GCP standards and has a background in Histology or an experienced Histologist with the ability to develop Immunohistochemical and Immunoflurescent staining methods with the desire to enter a client focused environment.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Scientist - Histology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Project Management - Act as Study Director and key technical point of contact for a range of clients seeking Histology services. You will work closely with your client to ensure correct initial protocol development and will continually update them on key project milestones.
2. Line Management - You will support the Team Leader with the management of the team including delegation of project tasks and supervision to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reports.
3. Histology - You will ensure that you keep up-to-date with scientific literature to understand relevant technical protocols to ensure a high level bespoke service. You will be hands on in the method development and performance of complex assays such as Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunofluorescents, multiplex assays and RNAscope for cell and tissue assays.
4. Business Development - You will also have the opportunity to develop and build out a client base through the attendance of scientific and trade conferences where you will have the opportunity to deliver oral and poster presentations.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Histology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (e.g. Biomedical Science, Biology, Immunology, Pathology etc.) in addition to hands on Histology experience where you have the ability to develop assays.
2. Experience of a full range of Histology techniques including but not limited to Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunofluorescent staining, multi-plex assays, in-situ hybridisation and RNAscope.
3. Proven industry experience in a GCP environment where you have client responsibility would be highly beneficial to your application. Experience as a Study Manager or Study Director is also desirable.
Key Words: Histology | Immunohistochemistry | IHC | Immunofluorescence | Multi-Plex Assay | In-situ Hybridisation | RNAscope | Multispectral Imaging | GCP | Good Clinical Practise | CRO | Line Management | Supervisor | Project Management | Study Manager | Study Director | Leica Bond |
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Immunology (NGS)
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - NGS to join a leading Contract Research Organisation based in the Edinburgh, Scotland. As the Senior Scientist - NGS, you will have an excellent molec...Science
View & Apply
Principal Scientist - Histology
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Histology to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh. Our client are known for offering specialist preclinical contract researc...Science
View & Apply