J56333ManchesterScience PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time11/10/2018Chemistry Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry Chemistry - Quality Control
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Section Manager – Inorganic Chemistry We are currently looking for a Section Manager - Inorganic Chemistry to join a growing environmental and life sciences company based in the Manchester... View Job
Surface Analyst We are currently looking for a Surface analyst to join a leading company based in the Loughborough area. The company are an independent analytical lab... View Job
Global Product Portfolio Manager We are currently looking for a Global Product Manager - Environmental to join a leading Food and Environmental standards company based in the Bury, Ma... View Job
Are you an experienced scientist or technical lead in environmental testing looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist / Technical Lead - Metals to join a leading company based in the Manchester area.
As the Technical Lead in environmental metals testing you will be the technical expert and be responsible for providing technical support to the business as well as support junior members of staff in using the testing instrumentation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Lead / Senior Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for troubleshooting instrumentation problems and analytical methods, organisation and up keep of service contracts for all instrumentation as well as running the designated instrument, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording. As the technical lead in metals testing, you have to have extensive experience with ICP-OES or ICP-MS.
2. You will also be responsible for overlooking method improvements and validations and checking the analytical data produced by other analysts and ensuring the integrity of the data produced is up to standards.
3. Additionally, as the technical lead / senior scientist, you will be monitoring re-test rates and process efficiencies as well as setting up new instruments, methods, work flows and SOPs whilst complying with the Health and Safety requirements of the site.
4. You will also be required to aid the section manager and QC manager in technical requirements of processing the day's workload and in dealing with non-conformities associated to raw data and lab processes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist / Technical Lead - Air we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Qualified to degree level or higher in Chemistry or another related scientific field.
2. Proven industry experience in the use of analytical instrumentation such as ICP-ME and ICP-OES (including method development and validation).
3. You need to have experience working in a fast-paced regulated environment (ISO, GMP or GLP), dealing with high volume samples. Experience with managing staff is desirable.
Key Words: Metals Technical Lead | Senior Scientist | Chromatography | ICPOES | ICPMS | ISO 17025 | Chemistry | Analytical | Quality | Method Development Validation | Environmental Testing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.