J4840BerkshirePharmaceutical PermanentCompetitiveFull Time16/03/2018Histology Pathology Immunohistochemistry Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Pre Clinical Research
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Principal Scientist - Immunology We have an exciting opportunity available for a Principal Scientist to join an expanding life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. As the Pri... View Job
Senior Study Analyst We are currently looking for a Senior Study Analyst to join a leading Life Science's company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Study Ana... View Job
Documentation Specialist We are currently looking for a documentation specialist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Documentation ... View Job
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Histology Scientist has become available to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Senior Scientist in Immunohistochemistry you will be responsible for supporting target validation, mechanism of action and Biomarker development projects for early stage Biologic Drug Discovery and Development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Immunohistochemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead projects and assist with the evaluation of tissue sections using your extensive experience in histology and IHC.
2. You will contribute to bring in new technology and developing currently used techniques including staining protocols for novel antibodies/antigens including multi-staining approaches both fluorescent and colourimetric.
3. You will cover a range of histological and immunohistochemical techniques ranging from tissue processing and sectioning to development of multi-antigen staining protocols and antigen activity assays.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Immunohistochemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant MSc or PhD in a Life Sciences discipline (E.g. Pathology, Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Pharmacology etc.) in addition to industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in a Histology environment, ideally within a Biopharmaceutical setting or within the NHS (or other health organisation). Extensive knowledge in tissue processing including fixation, embedding and sectioning of FFPE and frozen tissues is vital.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of histological techniques including staining procedures such as Masson's Trichrome, Picrosirius Red in addition to the development of staining protocols is preferred.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.