J3938North YorkshireScience Permanent£35,000 to £45,000 per annumFull Time10/07/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Contract Research
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Contract Research to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Scientis... View Job
Study Scientist - Metabolism
We are currently looking for a Study Scientist - Metabolism to join a global life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Study Scie... View Job
Senior Examiner (Toxicology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Senior Examiner in Toxicology to join a leading private forensic science service provider base... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist to join a growing Process Analytical Technology team with an innovative technology company based in the North Yorkshire area. Our client helps companies to develop, prove and commercialise the next generation of products, processes and services. They enable ideas, research and knowledge to be translated into commercial business propositions by providing the facilities and technical expertise to help companies overcome their innovation challenges.
As the Senior Scientist - Process Analytical Technology you will be responsible for leading the Process Analytical Technology team within the company's Industrial Biotechnology and Biorefining group.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Process Analytical Technology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To coordinate and deliver the analytical requirements of all commercial and public private projects, highlighting the resources required to deliver analytical outputs and provide input at project scoping stage to ensure analytical requirements are accurately costed. Analytical methodologies include HPLC, GC, AAS, IC, ICP, LC-MS and GC-MS.
2. To manage and mentor staff working directly in the area, providing technical leadership, direction and continuous development opportunities.
3. To understand the state-of-the-art of tools and knowledge in the application of analytical science in the Industrial Biotechnology sector.
4. To demonstrate scientific leadership ensuring the capabilities and skills required to deliver the analytical needs of the business are in place and to make recommendations where skills and equipment gaps exist.
5. To work closely with business development, project management and project delivery teams in order to understand, interpret and effectively communicate customer needs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Process Analytical Technology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a biotechnology, analytical science or chemistry discipline (or related), and possess subsequent relevant industrial experience.
2. It is essential that you have expertise in analytical methodologies associated with chemical and biotechnology processes including, but not limited to, HPLC, GC, AAS, IC, ICP, LC-MS and GC-MS.
3. As the successful applicant will lead a small team, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and continuously seek opportunities to develop both yourself and your direct reports.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.