Job Reference: J5634108
Updated On: 24/11/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - SPR to join a leading Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Scientist - SPR you will be responsible for supporting drug discovery project utilising Surface Plasmon Resonance.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced scientist that has been using SPR for characterisation of protein molecules within drug discovery projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Scientist - SPR will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will mainly lab-based and using SPR (Biacore) daily for characterisation of large molecules, focused on proteins.
2. You will be responsible for producing and analysing data.
3. You will be responsible for troubleshooting SPR when required and support with experimental design.
4. As the Senior Scientist - SPR, you will be involved in project management and client interaction.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - SPR we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in relevant degree such as Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biophysics and Protein Sciences.
2. Proven industry experience in biophysical methods such as SPR, DSF, ITC, NMR. SPR experience is a must and ideally Biacore.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with troubleshooting methods when using SPR and processing relevant data.
Key Words: CRO / Drug Discovery / Protein Interaction / Experimental Design / Data Processing / Biopharmaceutical Organisation / Biophysical / Biophysics / DSF / ITC / SPR / Biacore / Protein Expression / Protein Purification / E Coli / Insect Cells / Mammalian / Purification / Chromatography
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior QC Analyst
Kent | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced QC Analyst looking for an exciting new job opportunity? We are currently looking for a QC Analyst / Senior QC Analyst to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the K...Science
View & Apply
Principal Scientist - Neuroscience
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependent
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Principal Scientist in Neuroscience to join a specialist Life Sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. This is a key role within the business, ...Science
View & Apply