Job Reference: J5638671
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Senior Scientist you will be involved in the development, optimisation and validation of ligand binding assays / immunoassays for biomarkers and gene therapy targets to support progression of novel drug candidates through various stages of discovery and development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Senior Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop, optimise and validate ligand binding assays / immunoassays for biomarkers and gene therapy targets.
2. As the Senior Scientist, you will be encouraged to present your data at multi-disciplinary project team meetings and to understand the underlying biology and therapeutic approach of the programmes you are supporting.
3. You will be involved in the transfer of methods to external partners (travelling for this purpose is not anticipated, although in exceptional circumstances may be required).
4. As the Senior Scientist, you will be maintaining laboratory equipment to high standards, and you must remain compliant with all health and safety, Human Tissue Act (HTA) and any other applicable regulations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A BSc, MSc or PhD in a biological discipline
2. 5+ years of proven experience working in a bioanalytical laboratory in a biotech or pharmaceutical drug discovery and development environment.
3. Proven technical / laboratory skills for the development and validation of ligand binding assays / immunoassays (e.g. ELISA, MSD, ELLA, Gyros, Singulex, Simoa/Quanterix) and / or extensive experience running such assays.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Drug Discovery
Skills: Life Sciences - Immunoassay, Life Sciences - Bioanalytical, Life Sciences - Assay Development, Life Sciences - Assay Validation