J3987BerkshirePharmaceutical Contract / Temporary / Interim£30,000 to £48,000 per annumFull Time13/06/2017Biophysics / Biosimilars Biochemistry – Characterisation Biochemistry – Development / Validation Bioassay
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Technical Expert - Assay Validation
We currently have an excellent opportunity available for a Technical Expert in Assay Validation to join a growing pharmaceutical company based in the ... View Job
Senior Scientist - Immunoassay
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist - Immunoassay to join a leading life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire are... View Job
Head of Quality Control
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Head of QC to join a leading global life sciences company based in the Berkshire area. As th... View Job
We are currently looking for a SPR/Biacore Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Berkshire area. As the SPR/Biacore Scientist you will be responsible for assay development, optimisation, execution and interpretation of in vitro SPR assays.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the SPR/Biacore Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Your work will support the identification and optimisation of molecules in early stage small molecule programmes; the execution of a range of primary and secondary in vitro studies aimed at the molecular characterization of these entities and application of novel technologies and techniques to enable prosecution of the best targets.
2. Develop and optimise SPR assays using your technical expertise in SPR and experience using biacore 4000.
3. Use fluorescent based biochemical cell-based assays for the design, development, optimisation and prosecutions of SPR assays.
4. You will work closely with the Structural Biology, Chemistry and Primary Pharmacology Departments so must be able to provide clear recommendations on scientific decisions and priorities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the SPR/Biacore Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Scientific Discipline (PhD desirable)
2. Proven industry experience in the Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Immunology, Drug Discovery area
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with developing and optimising SPR assays as well as interpretation or in vitro SPR assays.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.