J5630822CambridgeshirePharmaceutical CRO/CMO Science Permanent£35,000 to £40,000 per annum - Dependent on ExperienceFull Time22/03/2019Bioanalytical Bioassay Immunoassay Pharmacology Toxicology
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Research Scientist We are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join a leading contract research organisation based in the Northamptonshire area. As the Research... View Job
Scientist We are currently looking for a Scientist to join the Biopotency and Immunoassay Team in a leading Biotechnology company based in the Berkshire area. A... View Job
Bioanalytical Scientist Are you an experienced bioanalysis scientist looking for an exciting new job opportunity?We are currently looking for a Bioanalysis Scientist to join ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Technical Specialist to join the Bioanalysis department within a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Technical Specialist you will be responsible for supporting bioanalytical work by installing, troubleshooting, qualifying and providing maintenance for the instrumentation and equipment. This will include working in an environment where there is a focus on lead compound optimisation, PK screening and PK/PD studies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Technical Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be assisting the Study Managers to support projects in PK, toxicology, metabolism and bioanalysis. This relies on liaising between departments and external clients to help solve day-to-day issues.
2. As the Senior Technical Specialist, you will be the point-of-call for advice on analytical results and so you will have an important task of maintaining an awareness of current trends, issues and development with the instrumentation. You will also work closely with engineers and vendors to solve issues within the department.
3. You will ensure that GLP and GCP compliance of systems, instrumentation and procedures are adhered to and SOPs are written and reviewed where appropriate. Therefore, you will play an important role in maintaining the quality of the work and data.
4. This position will include the training of analytical staff in the use of relevant equipment within the laboratory. The equipment and instrumentation includes, but is not restricted to, LC-MS/MS, UPLC, balance, centrifuge, pipettes and columns.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Technical Specialist, we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry or as part of a CRO is necessary for your application.
2. Proven industry experience in working in a GxP laboratory environment and having experience troubleshooting with analytical equipment is required for this position.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with troubleshooting instrumentation such as LC-MS/MS is essential for this position. It will highly beneficial to have experience organising and maintaining laboratory equipment maintenance logs and schedules.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.