Job Reference: J5634801
Updated On: 19/04/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Essex area. As the Senior Upstream Scientist you will be responsible for working closely with the development of upstream processes for AAVs whilst managing a team of Upstream Scientists.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will take ownership of USP Pilot Plant activities including experimental design, compliance and the management of a team of USP Scientists.
2. You will optimise upstream processes to deliver scalable manufacturing processes through utilising your prior experience and in-depth knowledge of process engineering and aseptic handling.
3. As the Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist, you will work closely with the MSAT Team Lead to facilitate the successful delivery of projects within budget, creating project reports on deliverables and providing scientific solutions to ensure project progression.
4. You will ensure GMP is upheld and quality practices are implemented into new projects from the beginning.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a relevant Life Science subject e.g. Bioprocessing, Biochemical Engineering, Cellular Biology
2. Proven industry experience in USP within Cell and Gene Therapy, preferably with viral vector experience
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with GMP would be advantageous to your application
Key Words: Upstream | USP | Bioprocess | Senior Scientist | GMP | Process Development | AAV | Viral Vector | Bioreactor | ATMP | Biotechnology | Biopharma | Biologics | Biochemical Engineering | Cellular Biology | Mammalian | Essex | South East
Other jobs with similar skills
Technical Application Specialist Cell Biology - French Speaking
Renfrewshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist with experience of Cell Biology to join a leading life sciences provider based in the Renfrewshire area. As the Technical Application...Science
View & Apply
Associate Research Scientist - Gene Therapy
Cambridge | Experience Dependent
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are excited to exclusively partner with an innovative, up and coming Gene Therapy company based in one of Cambridge's leading Biotechnology Hubs. As part of the development...Science
View & Apply