Job Reference: J5631946
Updated On: 02/08/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Process Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Upstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for upstream process development of biologics and pharmaceuticals.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Upstream Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will use flasks and bioreactors up to 25L to carry out mammalian cell culture and virus production and also execute microbial fermentation and microbial cell banking.
2. It will be your responsibility to aid the transfer and development of new processes, techniques or unit operations within the team into GMP. This will be across all sites and/or to external clients.
3. As the Senior Upstream Process Scientist, you will generate study plans, technical reports, SOPs and Batch reports when required and provide training to less experienced members of staff. You will work closely with Project Management to support commercial activities.
4. You will work in aseptic conditions and will be responsible for quantification and quality assessment of in-process and final samples for virus and DNA production processes. This will use analytical methods such as HPLC, ELISA and qPCR.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Upstream Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and masters in a science subject (e.g. biochemistry, biotechnology, microbial technology, biochemical engineering, etc.) is necessary.
2. Proven industry experience in a research or process development setting is required.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with microbial fermentation, microbial cell banking and mammalian cell culture is highly beneficial. Experience with analytical techniques such as ELISA, HPLC and qPCR will also benefit your application.
Key Words: Upstream Process | USP | Biotechnology | Biochemical Engineering | Gene Therapy | Viral Vector Development | Biologics | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing | GMP | Bioreactor | Shake Flask | Microbial | Mammalian | Senior Scientist | Cell Culture | ELISA | qPCR | HPLC
Other jobs with similar skills
Upstream Process Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | £21,000 - £25,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Upstream Process Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Upstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for upstrea...Science
View & Apply
Principal Scientist - MSAT
Berkshire, Berkshire | Experience Dependant
HRS are currently searching for Principal Scientist - MSAT to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Principal Scientist you will be responsible for leading the t...Science
View & Apply