J3614County DurhamBiotechnology CRO/CMO Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time24/02/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing
Biochemistry - Expression
Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Process Scientist (Upstream)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Process Scientist to join a growing biopharmaceutical company based in Merseyside. As the Se... View Job
Science Leader - Media Development
An amazing opportunity for a Science Leader to join a new Media Development team within a global Life Sciences business based in the Berkshire area. A... View Job
Senior Production Technician
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Technician to join an exciting Life Science company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Produc... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Processing Scientist to join an Life Sciences company based in the North East. As the Senior Upstream Processing Scientist you will be responsible for working as part of the technical team helping to ensure the delivery of project requirements. The job holder will focus on upstream science, performing and leading experimental work including research and development of production strategies, process development, process refinement, process characterisation and the analysis associated with these activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Upstream Processing Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will look at the design, development and scale-up of upstream processes focussing on the production of biopharmaceuticals.
2. Take a scientific lead on projects with responsibilities for technical delivery and the management of other scientists.
3. Designing experimental work using appropriate scientific expertise and judgement to ensure project goals are met and that appropriate technical/equipment resources are used.
4. Work within the technical team of the biologics facility performing experimental work and generating technical data for biologics development programmes in line with internal strategy and collaborative R&D/commercial demand.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Upstream Processing Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a biological science, ideally with an MSc or PhD as well. Suitable subjects include Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Science, Biology, Biochemical Engineering, or similar, in addition to this you will have industry experience in upstream processing.
2. Proven industry experience in the development of mammalian cultures and optimising of upstream processes and scaling up bioreactor experiments.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with microbial and/or adherent cell cultures would be highly desirable.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.