Senior Scientist - Pilot Plant
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist Pilot Plant to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Senior Scientist Pilot Plant... View Job
Bioprocess Development Scientist
We are currently looking for a Bioprocess Development Scientist to join a leading company based in the Essex area. As the Bioprocess Development Scien... View Job
Protein Development Scientist
We are currently looking for a Protein Development Technician to join a leading company based in the Essex area. As the Protein Development Technician... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Processing Scientist to join an Life Sciences company based in the North East. As the Senior Upstream Processing Scientist you will be responsible for working as part of the technical team helping to ensure the delivery of project requirements. The job holder will focus on upstream science, performing and leading experimental work including research and development of production strategies, process development, process refinement, process characterisation and the analysis associated with these activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Upstream Processing Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will look at the design, development and scale-up of upstream processes focussing on the production of biopharmaceuticals.
2. Take a scientific lead on projects with responsibilities for technical delivery and the management of other scientists.
3. Designing experimental work using appropriate scientific expertise and judgement to ensure project goals are met and that appropriate technical/equipment resources are used.
4. Work within the technical team of the biologics facility performing experimental work and generating technical data for biologics development programmes in line with internal strategy and collaborative R&D/commercial demand.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Upstream Processing Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a biological science, ideally with an MSc or PhD as well. Suitable subjects include Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Science, Biology, Biochemical Engineering, or similar, in addition to this you will have industry experience in upstream processing.
2. Proven industry experience in the development of mammalian cultures and optimising of upstream processes and scaling up bioreactor experiments.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with microbial and/or adherent cell cultures would be highly desirable.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.