Job Reference: J5633457
Updated On: 03/07/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Site Director to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Kent area. This exciting role as Site Director has come up due to an internal global promotion and the role is to take full responsibility and accountability for our client's UK business territory for scientific service to achieve both short and long term commercial success, operational objectives, policies, budgets and strategic plans.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Site Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead the our client's UK team on site as well as associated remote colleagues, communicating and exemplifying the business vision and values locally. You will also direct and support Business Development to achieve business goals of the UK business in coordination with European Sales team
2. As the Site Director you will execute talent development plans including coaching, mentoring and training as well as manage talent development in alignment with organizational needs, & corporate policies. You will set effective goals, monitor and enhance performance of direct and matrix reports as well as fostering a caring culture and recommend and implement programs to ensure employee welfare and maintenance of a highly engaged team.
3. You will direct all operating activities on site, including but not limited to production schedules and required materials, equipment, and workforcs. Develop and monitor site operating budgets and associated cost controls, including payroll, materials, supplies, and capital expenditures. Authorize expenditures in accordance with budgets and business performance.
4. In partnership with core Leadership Team you will develop short- and long-range operating and financial objectives, organizational structure, and staffing plans.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Site Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific field (i.e Life Sciences, Animal Science, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Management) as well as proven experience operating in a Site Leadership / General Management function for scientific contract services or high regulated scientific production environment.
2. Proven industry experience in managing a multi site team including production, facilities, R&D, sales, operations, H&S, training, IT, HR. This needs to be in a highly regulated scientific environment.
3. A proven track record with moving a company forward against strategic objectives and continuing to achieve and increase the companies commercial results via a range of service offerings.
Key Words: General Manager / Site Director / Site Leader / Country Manager / Site Manager / Scientific Leadership / Commercial Director
Other jobs with similar skills
Edinburgh | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Production Manager looking for an exciting new job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Production Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Scotland. ...Science
View & Apply
Quality Control Associate
Hertfordshire | £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Associate to join a rapidly expanding Cell Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Quality Control Associate you will be responsible for ...Science
View & Apply