Job Reference: J5634998
Updated On: 27/05/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Software Engineering Team Leader to join a leading contract research organisation providing drug discovery services based in the Cheshire area. As the Software Engineering Team Leader you will be responsible for providing effective Team Leadership, development and motivation to a team of Software Engineers.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesAs the Software Engineering Team Leader you will be leading a team of 6 Software Developers ensuring effective staff training, development and mentoring is undertaken and to motivate direct reports and others in the group as and when necessary. The key duties and responsibilities will be to programme Manage projects that are the direct responsibility of team and to assist Head of IS in overall project prioritisation.as follows:
1.The Team Leader will ensure the effective design and timely delivery of software, to ensure the effective maintenance of existing systems and to contribute to the development of new applications to support experimental and predictive science undertaken by the organisation.
2. As the Software Engineer Team leader you must have a strong background in Object Orientated programming language environments (e.g. Java, C#) and demonstrable industrial experience.
3. As part of the Team Leader role you will build an understanding of all current systems and their utilisation throughout the business. Respond to user’s requests for bug fixes and system changes in line with IS procedures. Design and test appropriate software fixes, and gain user acceptance of updates.
4. In this role you will work closely with Sientists and Study Leaders, maintaining positive relationships and ensuring regular and effective communication with stakeholders at all times, for both long-term new project developments and short-term bug fixes.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Software Engineering Team Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Proven experience in supporting software applications, good team management skills and the ability to interact constructively with scientific staff and key stakeholders.
2. Strong background in Object Orientated programming language environments (e.g. Java, C#) and demonstrable industrial experience.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with of project management and the ability to plan and estimate development tasks
Key Words: Java C# Python Software Development Engineer Team Lead Manager Project
Other jobs with similar skills
Salesforce Salescloud Consultant
Staffordshire | £450 - £550 per day
We are currently looking for a Salesforce Salescloud Consultant to join a leading global company who are heavily investing in their Salesforce platform. As the Salesforce Salescloud Consultant you wil...Science
View & Apply
Statistical Programming Associate Manager
Sheffield | £42,000 - £63,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Statistical Programming Associate Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical CRO based in the Sheffield area. As the Statistical Programming Associate Manager you will be ...Science
View & Apply