Job Reference: J5634248
Updated On: 11/01/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewA fantastic opportunity has become available for a Strategic Project Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Yorkshire area. As the Strategic Project Manager you will lead, manage and execute a diverse portfolio of projects within the Strategic and Business Development (BD) areas to successfully deliver against business targets, timings, cost and quality.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Strategic Project Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage and participates on cross-functional project teams for highly complex, highly valuable and/or confidential projects, working with defined project objectives to drive results. Coordinate day-to-day activities of cross functional teams throughout the project lifecycle. Work closely with senior leadership team to articulate project status in a way that complies with BD and Project Management disciplines.
2. Accountable for project planning, tracking, scope management and reporting. Manage changes; resolves or escalates project issues through the project sponsors and senior stakeholder groups. Work closely with the project team and stakeholders to lead option analysis and develop solutions and recommendations for presentation and endorsement. Ensure project documentation is organized and accessible, participates in and organizes After Action Reviews and attends applicable Gate meetings.
3. Maintain and manage portfolio view of all Strategic and BD initiatives to feed into the overall PM portfolio management and reporting cycle. Lead regular cost-benefit analysis for BD opportunities throughout project lifecycle to ensure it continues to meet business requirements and to assist with prioritisation.
4. Support stakeholders in coordination of due diligence exercises and development of business proposals for Leadership endorsement. Champion relationship management with external partners and act as key point of contact for delivery of BD initiatives. Build and manage the communication networks with key partner organisations ensuring the right people are mobilised and engaged.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Strategic Project Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. The successful candidate will be ideally be degree qualified in a Science, Technology or Business related discipline. Project Management qualifications, such as Prince2 or APM, are desirable but not essential.
2. Broad knowledge and experience of full lifecycle project management within either Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or FMCG companies, covering New Product Development and Introductions is essential.
3. Capable and comfortable with independent management of scope and process for medium and large-scale projects of varying scope and complexity. Proven ability to work within complex matrix team environments and coordinate a team of individuals not under their direct management.
4. Strong ability to summarise and communicate complex information, options or strategies to enable decision making.
Key Words: Project Manager | Pharmaceutical | Product Development | Product Introduction | Business Development | Prince2 | APM
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Pharmaceutical Project Manager
Kent | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Kent area. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for driving progress within the Developme...Science
View & Apply
West Yorkshire | Experience Dependent
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Yorkshire. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for a portfolio of approximately ...Science
View & Apply