Job Reference: J5632894
Updated On: 29/07/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a highly motivated Study Director to join a leading genetic toxicology CRO based in the Cheshire area. As the Study Director, you will be responsible for study investigations within the in vitro micronucleus team, providing predictive and preclinical toxicology products and services across a variety of industry sectors. There are also opportunities for enthusiastic scientists to join as Trainee Study Directors.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Study Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be involved with high quality genotoxicity and micronucleus studies where you will be ensuring the team meet study deadlines.
2. As the Study Director, you will plan, execute, manage and report the preclinical studies. This will include liaising with external clients and sponsors.
3. It will be your responsibility to ensure studies are conducted in accordance with approved study plans and in compliance to GLP principals.
4. You will be driven and motivated to maintain the integrity of studies and the products that the CRO works with, while willing to learn and deliver other toxicological assays depending on the workload.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Study Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant degree in a life science subject (e.g. Toxicology, Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, etc.) is required.
2. Proven industry experience in a life science laboratory performing in vitro toxicology and cell-based assays is necessary, more valuable if within a CRO environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with genotoxicity and micronucleus tests and a hands-on experience with fluorescence microscopy and cytogenetic techniques will be beneficial.
Key Words: Scientist | Study Investigator | Toxicology | Cytotoxicity | Cytogenetics | Micronucelus | Life Science | GLP | CRO | Assays | Fluorescence Microscopy | In vitro | Automated | Semi-automated | Preclinical | Study Director | Study Management | Gene Mutation | OECD | Pharmaceutical | Agrochemical | Predictive Toxicology | Genotoxicity
Other jobs with similar skills
Group Leader - DMPK
Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
HRS are currently looking for a Group Leader - DMPK to join a Global CRO based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Group Leader - DMPK you will be responsible for line managing up to 15 scientists with...Science
View & Apply
Macclesfield | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Toxicology Scientist to join a leading preclinical toxicology company based in the Cheshire area. As the Toxicology Scientist you will be responsible for study investiga...Science
View & Apply