J4101CambridgeshireScience PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time29/06/2017Biochemistry
Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry
Pre Clinical Research
Chemistry - Quality Control
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Examiner (Toxicology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Senior Examiner in Toxicology to join a leading private forensic science service provider base... View Job
Senior Scientist - Contract Research
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Contract Research to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Scientis... View Job
Bioanalytical Science Manager
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Bioanalytical Science Manager to join a global life sciences company based in the Berkshire ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Study Scientist - Metabolism to join a global life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Study Scientist - Metabolism you will be responsible for performing the analysis of samples from metabolism studies, that are carried out and reported to high scientific standards in compliance to GLP, A(SP)A and HSE regulations.
This could be an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate with some relevant experience/knowledge to get a foot in the door with a company that can offer an excellent development and training plan, and further career opportunities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Study Scientist - Metabolism will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Conducting technical and scientific procedures with appropriate training and supervision. This will include solvent extraction, liquid/liquid partitioning, SPE and HPLC analysis.
2. Undertaking study / laboratory related activities, record keeping and checks, and participating in general laboratory housekeeping.
3. Developing an up to date knowledge of technical, scientific and regulatory developments related to metabolism, reading relevant scientific / technical literature and attend training courses / conferences.
4. Providing timely updates of study progress to their line manager and the Study Director such that accurate invoicing and revenue / forecasting can be achieved.
5. Developing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with peers, management, inter- and intra-departmental project groups and other customers including QA.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Study Scientist - Metabolism we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry; Biological Sciences or related discipline.
2. Proven hands on experience with some of the following techniques: solvent extraction, liquid/liquid partitioning, SPE and HPLC analysis. Any experience of using radiotracers would also be advantageous.
3. Have worked in, or have knowledge of a GLP environment.
NB: Although not a requirement for this role, having access to a car or bike is recommended to travel to and from site as there is no good public transport links in the area.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.