Job Reference: J5637466
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Process Chemist to join a leading Chemical Manufacturing company based in the Suffolk area. As the Process Chemist you will be responsible for designing and developing experimental plans, briefing the Head of Innovation and Technology with an appropriate level of detail and frequency. You will contribute to team brainstorming discussions offering ideas on favourable molecular structures and synthesis routes to these structures that may be appropriate to meet customer needs identified in market led Discovery activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Process Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Process Chemist you will carry out experiments and analysis to produce and characterise target materials within the new product development process with optimised efficiency and effectiveness.
2. You will Contribute to all aspects of the product and process development and commercialisation, from Initial discovery, process optimisation, process transfer (to internal/external plant) documentation and process scale up/optimisation support to Operations.
3. As the Process Chemist you will conduct experimental programs as designated and/or agreed by the Head of Innovation and Technology at scale ranging from 0.1 grams to 5 kilograms and ensure safe and effective set up of experimental equipment.
4. You will contribute ideas for new molecules and solutions and processes to be researched to produce such molecules. You will document all and any inventive steps forthcoming from experimental programs in line with departmental intellectual property policies, present details of work at periodic team review meetings and contribute constructively at such meetings with feedback on the work of other team members and the technical challenges faced.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Process Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry or closely related discipline
2. Proven industry experience in multi-step and multiple reaction synthetic organic chemistry.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with experimental design, identifying potential target molecules and multiple synthesis routes.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.