Job Reference: J5634061
Updated On: 17/05/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Role OverviewAre you an experienced synthetic organic chemist looking for a new exciting opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading company based at their site in Derbyshire or in Kent.
As the Synthetic Chemist you will be responsible for carrying out complex chemical syntheses (small and large molecules) using a wide range of techniques.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Synthetic Organic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for carrying out chemical / organic synthesis whilst maintaining the highest levels of health and safety and adhering to good laboratory practices at all times.
2. You will utilise your scientific expertise and chemical databases to generate solutions to problems.
3. You will also need to complete written reports to represent results to a high standard.
4. As the synthetic organic chemist, you will also need to communicate and liaise with internal and external customers.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Synthetic Organic Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry (or related) with industrial working experience in organic synthesis is essential.
2. A PhD in Organic Chemistry would also be advantageous to your application.
3. You should have an interest in science and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Other jobs with similar skills
Lanarkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Lead Chemist to join a world leading life sciences company based in the Lanarkshire area. The role of Lead Chemist requires skills in both practical and theoretical synt...Science
View & Apply
County Durham | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Research Chemist to join a leading chemical company based in the County Durham area. As the Research Chemist you will be responsible for the research and development of ...Science
View & Apply