Job Reference: J5634061
Updated On: 13/11/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Role OverviewAre you an experienced synthetic organic chemist looking for a new exciting opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading company based at their site in Derbyshire or in Kent.
As the Synthetic Chemist you will be responsible for carrying out complex chemical syntheses (small and large molecules) using a wide range of techniques.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Synthetic Organic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for carrying out chemical / organic synthesis whilst maintaining the highest levels of health and safety and adhering to good laboratory practices at all times.
2. You will utilise your scientific expertise and chemical databases to generate solutions to problems.
3. You will also need to complete written reports to represent results to a high standard.
4. As the synthetic organic chemist, you will also need to communicate and liaise with internal and external customers.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Synthetic Organic Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry (or related) with industrial working experience in organic synthesis is essential.
2. A PhD in Organic Chemistry would also be advantageous to your application.
3. You should have an interest in science and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Other jobs with similar skills
API Project Manager
Oxfordshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a API Project Lead to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the API Project Lead you will be responsible for managing the day to day acti...Science
View & Apply
Oxfordshire | £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are currently looking for an Organic Chemist to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Organic Chemist you will be responsible for working as part of a team to develop chemica...Science
View & Apply