Quality Control Manager
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Essex area. As the Quality Control Manager... View Job
Interim Microbiology Manager
We are currently looking for an Interim Microbiology Manager to join a growing biotech company based in the Central Belt of Scotland. Your key role as... View Job
Senior Scientist - Immunoassay
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist - Immunoassay to join a leading life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire are... View Job
We have an exciting opportunity for a for a Team Leader with experience of qPCR to join the Genomics team of a global life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Team Leader - Genomics you will be responsible for leading a team of analysts which perform analytical testing. The Team Leader manages their allocated resources to deliver results/reports within timeframes agreed with clients. They maximise capacity and productivity by managing their resources to achieve optimum use of staff, equipment and facilities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Team Leader - Genomics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Managing allocated resources to achieve optimum use of staff, equipment and facilities, thereby maximising capacity/productivity. Scheduling group projects to ensure project targets and deadlines are achieved.
2. Reviewing performance and development of direct reports. Developing and maintaining a training programme to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
3. Providing expert advice on genomics, genetics and molecular biology analysis to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
4. Acting as Project Manager or technical lead, ensuring that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the requirements of GMP. Taking a lead role in problem resolution and provide advice to colleagues in solving analytical problems. Acting as technical contact for client placing projects, establishing client requirements, developing protocol and project plans, liaising on day to day issues and ensuring that communications meet client expectations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Team Leader - Genomics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences based discipline, plus experience working in an industry laboratory environment.
2. Demonstrated expertise in managing people effectively.
3. You will be expected to have scientific experience in the field of Genomics, genetics or molecular biology, gained in a regulated facility. Ideally, you will also have knowledge of CMC lot release, stability studies and/or drug development processes.
Note - Although not a requirement for the role, having access to your own car in order to access the site would be an advantage.
Key Words: Team Leader | Line Manager | Genomics | Genetics | Molecular Biology | Stability | Lot Release | Drug Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.