Job Reference: J5632843
Updated On: 20/02/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Technical Application Scientist
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area.
As the Technical Application Scientist you will be responsible for providing technical direction and support to customers using leading bead array and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Technical Application Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Technical Application Scientist, you will efficiently troubleshoot and resolve customer’s technical questions for various genotyping and gene expression experiments.
2. Your role as Technical Application Scientist will also involve troubleshooting a variety of issues related to NGS and bead array products with a focus on instruments under limited instruction.
3. Assist customers with the design and interpretation of gene expression and genotyping experiments.
4. In the role of a Technical Application Scientist, you will use your laboratory experience in the field of molecular biology whilst working collaboratively with various departments.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Application Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant D./ M.S or B.S. degree in molecular biology, genetics, software & bioinformatics or related field.
2. Proven industry/lab experience in PCR, sequencing, gene expression analysis, genotyping, and related procedures with a strong flavour of Software & Bioinformatics usage.
3. Teaching experience along with excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills are desirable.
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Liver Biology
Midlothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Scientist - Liver Biology to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. Our client are known for offering specia...Science
View & Apply
Outreach Scientist - Mandarin Speaking
Middlesex | Experience Dependant
HRS have a fantastic opportunity available for an Outreach Scientist - Mandarin Speaking to join a leading biomedical research and discovery company based in the Middlesex area. As the Outreach Scien...Science
View & Apply