J4020ManchesterEngineering Science Technology Permanent£65,000 to £70,000 per annumFull Time13/06/2017Chemistry Operations Production Engineering
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Technical Director to join a global plastic manufacturing business based in the Manchester area. Re... View Job
An exciting opportunity has just opened up for a Process Engineer to join a leading Life Science company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Proce... View Job
Equipment and Facilities Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Equipment and Facilities Engineer to join a leading life sciences measurement and testing company based in th... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Technical Director to join a global plastic manufacturing business based in the Manchester area. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Director is responsible for all technical aspects of the business, including technical service, product development and all legislative documentation relating to finished goods and raw materials.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage technical service personnel responsible for product development and customer related technical issues. Provide technical advice to all company personnel and customer or potential customers as required.
2. Define the formulation and quality standard of new company products and control the process by which they are produced (via product specification and sales data sheet system).
3. Manage and control all aspects of the company's development, both in terms of customer specific developments and general ideas for improving the company's product range.
4. Work closely with the Operations Director, Head of Supply Chain and their teams, as well as the commercial team. Monitor technical advances in raw materials and work with the head of supply chain to ensure the best technical and commercial materials are used.
5. Collate all competitive product information both from internal and external sources and advise on market trends with proposed actions. Monitor all market requirements and trends and advise on new product requirements with a commercial and technical case for pursing development activities to provide such new products.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant degree in a Materials, Polymer, Chemistry or Engineering related discipline. Alternative qualifications and industry experience will also be considered.
2. The successful candidate will ideally have a strong technical background working with polymers and a good working knowledge of the plastics manufacturing process.
3. Experience operating at a senior management level is essential. Experience of working closely with customers to develop new products and to resolve technical issues is also important.
Key Words: Plastic | Polymer | Manufacturing | Production | Technical Director | Management | Process Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.