Job Reference: J5634430
Updated On: 15/09/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland. As the Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry you will be responsible for mass spectrometry analysis and characterisation for large molecules (proteins, glycoproteins, monoclonal antibodies, drug conjugates)
This is an exciting role for a Mass Spectrometry specialist who is looking to be the subject matter expert within the biologics/analytical division.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be operating, optimising and troubleshooting mass spectrometer instruments (LCMS, Orbitrap). You will be designing and developing methods.
2. The main lab work you will be performing will be structural characterisation including peptide sequence confirmation, intact mass and peptide mapping workflows, qualitative and quantitative analysis of post-translational modifications (e.g. glycosylation and disulfide bonds), characterisation of large molecules and more.
3. You will collaborate with internal teams and ensure the client projects are completed on time within the budgets.
4. As the Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry you will act as the subject matter expert in mass spectrometry, therefore responsible for identifying new ways of works that will improve the delivery of projects and staff performance.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Proteomics etc. A PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience in protein mass spectrometry (LCMS), peptide mapping, protein characterisation.
Key Words: LCMS / Orbitrap / Mass Spec / Subject Matter Expert / Peptide Mapping / Glycosylation / Protein Characterisation / Method Development / Troubleshooting / SME
Other jobs with similar skills
Project Group Leader
Loughborough | Experience Dependent
We have a brand new opportunity available with a growing pharmaceutical company based in the East Midlands for a Project Group Leader. As the Project Group Leader you will be responsible for for t...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - Bioanalysis
Angus | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Senior Scientist - Bioanalysis looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We currently looking for a Senior Scientist in Bioanalysis to join a leading, and rapidly growing d...Science
View & Apply