Job Reference: J5632895
Updated On: 18/05/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Toxicology Scientist to join a leading preclinical toxicology company based in the Cheshire area. As the Toxicology Scientist you will be responsible for study investigations within the in vitro mammalian toxicology team, providing predictive and preclinical toxicology products and services across a variety of industry sectors.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Toxicology Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be involved with high quality preclinical toxicology studies where you will be working closely with the Study Director to help meet study deadlines; primarily in relation to cytogenetics assays.
2. You will be working with automated and semi-automated assay platforms while performing studies within the laboratory.
3. It will be your responsibility to collect and record data in accordance to both GLP and non-GLP principles when required while following SOPs.
4. You will be driven and motivated to maintain the integrity of studies and the products that the CRO works with, while willing to learn and deliver other toxicological assays depending on the workload.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Toxicology Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant degree in a life science subject (e.g. Toxicology, Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, etc.) is required.
2. Proven industry experience in a life science laboratory performing in vitro toxicology assays is necessary, more valuable if within a CRO environment. Experience of working with automated or semi-automated assay platforms is also desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the principles of toxicology in a screening and regulatory setting is necessary. A hands-on experience with fluorescence microscopy and cytogenetic techniques will be beneficial.
Key Words: Scientist / Study Investigator / Toxicology / Cytotoxicity / Cytogenetics / Life Science / GLP / CRO / Assays / Fluorescence Microscopy / In vitro / Automated / Semi-automated / Preclinical
Other jobs with similar skills
Pharmaceutical Technical Lead - Wet Chemistry
Berkshire | £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Pharmaceutical Technical Lead - Wet Chemistry to join a leading CRO based in the Berkshire area. As the Pharmaceutical Technical Lead - Wet Chem...Science
View & Apply
Principal Scientist - Histology
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Histology to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh. Our client are known for offering specialist preclinical contract researc...Science
View & Apply
Drug Product Development Team Leader
Wrexham, Wrexham | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Drug Product Development Team Leader to join a leading Bio-Pharmaceutical company based in the North West. As the Drug Product Development Team Leader you will be respon...Science
View & Apply