Job Reference: J5632895
Updated On: 25/02/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Toxicology Scientist to join a leading preclinical toxicology company based in the Manchester area. As the Toxicology Scientist you will be responsible for study investigations within the in vitro mammalian toxicology team, providing predictive and preclinical toxicology products and services across a variety of industry sectors.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Toxicology Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be involved with high quality preclinical toxicology studies where you will be working closely with the Study Director to help meet study deadlines; primarily in relation to cytogenetics assays.
2. You will be working with automated and semi-automated assay platforms while performing studies within the laboratory.
3. It will be your responsibility to collect and record data in accordance to both GLP and non-GLP principles when required while following SOPs.
4. You will be driven and motivated to maintain the integrity of studies and the products that the CRO works with, while willing to learn and deliver other toxicological assays depending on the workload.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Toxicology Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant degree in a life science subject (e.g. Toxicology, Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, etc.) is required.
2. Proven industry experience in a life science laboratory performing in vitro toxicology assays is necessary, more valuable if within a CRO environment. Experience of working with automated or semi-automated assay platforms is also desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the principles of toxicology in a screening and regulatory setting is necessary. A hands-on experience with fluorescence microscopy and cytogenetic techniques will be beneficial.
Key Words: Scientist / Study Investigator / Toxicology / Cytotoxicity / Cytogenetics / Life Science / GLP / CRO / Assays / Fluorescence Microscopy / In vitro / Automated / Semi-automated / Preclinical
Other jobs with similar skills
Cheshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Study Director to join a leading preclinical toxicology company based in the Cheshire area. As the Study Director, you will be responsible for study investigations withi...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - DMPK
Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire | £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - DMPK to join a leading contract research origination based in Cambridgeshire area.Science
View & Apply