Job Reference: J5631723
Updated On: 13/09/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an Upstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading immunotherapy company based in the Oxford area. As the Upstream Process Development Scientist you will be responsible for working on projects within optimisation, development, scale-up and characterisation of cell cultures for the manufacture of bio-therapeutics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Upstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for working with and developing processes for a variety of Bioreactors including AMBR15 and AMBR250.
2. Liaise with teams such as Cell Line Development to assist with clone selection, media optimisation and cell culture projects.
3. You will be required to troubleshoot equipment and methods within the process development and manufacturing teams.
4. Work alongside more senior scientists to present data back to the process development, CMC and scale-up teams.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and ideally a PhD in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar.
2. Proven industry experience working with bioreactors (Stirred Tank / Hollow Fiber / Wave Systems).
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AMBR15 or AMBR250 bioreactors will be highly advantageous to your application.
Key Words: Upstream / Process Development / USP / QbD / DoE / GMP / Biopharmaceuticals / Biotechnology / ATMP / Immunotherapy / Bioreactor / Cell Line Development / AMBR
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Upstream Process Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | £25,000 - £31,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Process Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Upstream Process Scientist you will be responsib...Science
View & Apply
Group Leader - LCMS
Berkshire | £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Group Leader - LCMS to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Berkshire area. As the Group Leader - LCMS you will be responsible for managing a team of scient...Science
View & Apply