Job Reference: J5634022
Updated On: 10/11/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an Upstream Process Development Scientist to join an exciting biotechnology company based in the Berkshire area. As the Upstream Process Development Scientist you will be responsible for performing cell culture and bioreactor process development, optimisation and characterisation studies for the production of biotherapeutics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Upstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for performing process development using shake flasks and bioreactors, optimisation of media and feed strategies, cell counts, viability and cell culture.
2. As the Upstream Process Development Scientist, you will work closely with the Scientists in Analytical Development and Downstream Process Development, and may be cross-trained in these areas to support the wider team.
3. You will be required to support the technology transfer of cell culture, bioreactor and harvest procedures for the biotherapeutic products.
4. It will be your responsibility to perform data analysis and interpretation, delivering internal and external presentation and preparing reports suitable for GLP/GMP use and CMC submissions.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc or MSc degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar is required.
2. Proven industry experience working with bioreactors (Stirred Tank / Hollow Fiber / Wave Systems / Ambr) is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience working with cell culture and upstream processes in a highly regulated environment (GLP/GMP) will be advantageous.
Key Words: Upstream | Process Development | USP | QbD | DoE | GMP | Biopharmaceuticals | Biotherapeutic | Biotechnology | ATMP | CMC| Bioreactor | Cell Culture | Tech Transfer | Cell Banking | Manufacturing | Antibody | CHO | Laboratory
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Viral Vector Scientist
London | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Viral Vector Scientist to join an exciting Cell Therapy company based in London. As the Senior Viral Vector Scientist you will design, execute and document up and...Science
View & Apply
Viral Vector Production Lead
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Viral Vector Production Lead to join a leading Biologics CMO based in the Staffordshire area. As the Viral Vector Production Lead you will be responsible for the deliver...Science
View & Apply