J562744BerkshirePharmaceutical Contract / Temporary / Interim£30,000 to £32,000 per annumFull Time20/08/2018Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Project Manager - Life Sciences We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Project Manager you will ... View Job
Fermentation Group Leader We are currently looking for a Fermentation Group Leader to join an innovative biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridgeshire. As the Fermentation ... View Job
MSAT Drug Substance Manager We are currently looking for a MSAT Drug Substance Manager to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wrexham area. As the MSAT Drug Sub... View Job
We are currently looking for a Upstream Process Scientist to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Upstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for performing upstream process development for developing new manufacturing processes and improving existing processes at lab and pilot scale.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Upstream Process Scientist, you will be responsible for the determination of process limits as part of process understanding, characterisation and validation studies.
2. Your role as the Upstream Process Scientist will include the analysis of data and presenting the results to your line manager at internal meetings.
3. You will be providing traceable records of laboratory work, report writing and experimental designs.
4. In your position as the Upstream Process Scientist, you will be looking at upstream and primary recovery activities, as well as associated analytical methods.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Bachelor's degree in a related subject.
2. Proven industry experience working with high throughput technologies, automation, miniaturisation, statistics.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with fermentation / cell culture systems. Also, experience with methods such as HPLC, SDS Page and TECAN would be beneficial.