Job Reference: J5631945
Updated On: 02/08/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Upstream Process Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Upstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for upstream process development of biologics and pharmaceuticals.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Upstream Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will use shake flasks and bioreactors to carry out microbial fermentation and microbial cell banking.
2. It will be your responsibility to aid the transfer and development of new processes, techniques or unit operations within the team into GMP. This will be across all sites and/or to external clients.
3. As the Upstream Process Scientist, you will generate study plans, technical reports, SOPs and Batch reports when required.
4. You will work in aseptic conditions and may be required to provide training to less experienced members of staff.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or qualification in a science subject (e.g. biochemistry, biotechnology, microbial technology, biochemical engineering, etc.) is necessary.
2. Proven industry experience in a research or process development setting is required.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with microbial fermentation, microbial cell banking and mammalian cell culture is highly beneficial.
Key Words: Upstream Process | USP | Biotechnology | Biochemical Engineering | Gene Therapy | Viral Vector Development | Biologics | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing | GMP | Bioreactor | Shake Flask | Microbial | Mammalian | Scientist
Other jobs with similar skills
Purification Development Group Leader
Berkshire, Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Purification Development Group Leader to join a Global Biopharma company based in the Berkshire area. As the Purification Development Group Leader you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Viral Vector Scientist
London | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Viral Vector Scientist to join an exciting Cell Therapy company based in London. As the Viral Vector Scientist you will help to design, execute and document process deve...Science
View & Apply