Job Reference: J5632402
Updated On: 24/10/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Upstream Process Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Upstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for collaborating with upstream, downstream and analytical scientists to aid in the process development and improvement of upstream processes producing biologics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Upstream Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop, perform, and optimise new upstream manufacturing processes at lab and pilot scale.
2. Analyse data, and in doing so, help to determine the process limits as part of process understanding, characterisation and validation studies.
3. As Upstream Process Scientist, you will provide technical expertise and upstream processing support for both internal customers and manufacturing, as well as the CMO and technology transfer teams.
4. Support team compliance with all quality management systems, including reviewing, writing and updating internal procedures and documents (e.g. Lab procedures, SOPs, templates).
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Master's degree or PhD in biochemistry, molecular/cell biology, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical engineering or similar.
2. Proven industry experience in upstream processing, process development/manufacturing sciences.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with mammalian cell cultures and the operation of bioreactor/fermenter systems at lab or bench scale.
Key Words: Upstream process / production / manufacturing / biologics / biopharmaceutical / pharmaceutical / bioreactor / fermentation / cell culture
Other jobs with similar skills
Reigate, Greater London | £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Product Developer to join a leading FMCG company based in the Greater London area. As the Product Developer you will be responsible for managing...Science
View & Apply
Senior Quality Control Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Senior Quality Control Scientist to join a leading biologics company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Quality Control Scientist, you will be responsible fo...Science
View & Apply
Upstream Processing Scientist (Maternity Cover - 12 months FTC)
Staffordshire | £21,000 - £25,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Upstream Processing Scientist to join an international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics based in the Staffordshire area. As the Upstream Processing Scie...Science
View & Apply