Job Reference: J5636275
Updated On: 16/05/2022
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Upstream Team Lead to join a leading CDMO based in the Kent area. As the Upstream Team Lead you will be responsible for a team of Scientists and Technicians, shaping and executing work plans within Upstream Processing (involving molecular design, cell banking and fermentation).
Key Duties and Responsibilities1. As the Upstream Team Lead, you will be responsible for achieving rapid and efficient project progress as well as delivering exceptional quality data and scientific support to customers.
2. You will interact with the overall project plan to update progress and ensure all team members are occupied and carrying out necessary activities.
3. 35% of your time will be contributed to working hands-on in the Laboratory, dealing with primary data and taking ownership of the laboratory working practices within the Upstream area.
4. Your role as the Upstream Team Lead with also include supporting the Director of R&D with recruiting new team members, and building R&D competencies to deliver the sites cGMP roadmap.
Role Requirements1. Relevant degree in a life science discipline such as Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or Bioengineering - with a PhD being advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience with the team leadership or development of staff, as well as demonstrable experience with communicating complex scientific information to colleagues and others.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the Upstream Processing environment, as well as the techniques involved such as fermentation, Protein Expression and Purification, process Development and cell banking. Past experience working with bacteria (specifically E.coli), fungi or yeast is essential.
Key Words: Upstream Team Lead / Kent / Protein Purification / Expression / E.coli / Bacteria / Yeast / Fungi / Molecular Cloning / Fermentation / Cell Banking / Process Development / Biotechnology / Bioprocessing / Bioengineering / Microbiology / R&D / cGMP
Other jobs with similar skills
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire | £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join a leading cancer diagnostics company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Bioinformatician you will be responsible for being an integral par...Science
View & Apply
Maintenance Engineering Supervisor
Essex, Essex | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineering Supervisor looking for an exciting new job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineering Supervisor to join a leading life scien...Science
View & Apply