J56174StevenagePharmaceutical Science PermanentDependent on experience Full Time26/09/2018Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Cell Culture Bioanalytical Bioassay
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Scientist / Senior Scientist Are you an experienced Scientist or Senior Scientist who is looking for a new exciting opportunity?We are currently looking for scientists to join a l... View Job
Gene Therapy Scientist A Fantastic opportunity for a Gene Therapy Scientist has become available to join a leading AAV-based Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire ... View Job
Bioassay Specialist We are currently looking for a Bioassay Specialist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wrexham area. As the Bioassay Specialist y... View Job
We are currently looking for a Vector Design Scientist to join a leading company based in the Stevenage area. As the Vector Design Scientist you will work within the Research and Discovery department assisting in the development of new AAV gene therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Vector Design Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carry out Vector Design and specifically design new transgene cassettes using various molecular biology techniques.
2. As the Vector Design Scientist you will be responsible for designing your own experiments, carry out promoter validation and troubleshooting.
3. Creating new cDNA libraries and carrying out bioinformatics will be among your duties. You will also perform gene cloning and promoter optimisation as well as optimisation of protein expression in mammalian cells.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Vector Design Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a suitable Biologic's discipline that has focussed on cell and molecular biology as well as extensive experience carrying out molecular biology techniques.
2. Proven experience carrying out promoter design and optimisation of transgene is essential to your application. Further experience in bioinformatics and AAV work would be extremely desirable.
Key Words: Vector Scientist, Bioinformatics, AAV, Gene Therapy, PhD, Research, Protein Expression, Transgene, DNA extraction, GMP.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.