Job Reference: J5635316
Updated On: 16/08/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS has partnered with a Protein Manufacturing organisation who are looking to expand their capabilities to Viral Vector production.
To spear-head the development of their Viral Vector capabilities they are looking for a Downstream Process Development Senior Manager to join their business and grow a team of Downstream Processing and Formulation specialists. As the Viral Vector Downstream Processing Manager, you will be a member of the leadership team and direct the strategic development for the group. The Business is located in Nottinghamshire and this would be a lab based role with some flexibility for home working.
This position would suit an ambitious Viral Vector Subject Matter Expert with the ability to provide expertise on Viral Production, including downstream process development of Vectors and Vaccines. This positions offers the opportunity to build a department from scratch and lead the company in their viral vector development.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Viral Vector Downstream Processing Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Line Management and Group Leadership of a new team to the business. This Team will focus on the Technical Development and Process Development of Viral Vector Production including Downstream Processing and Formulation of final Viral Vector product.
2. You will be a member of the companies Leadership team and will translate corporate strategy as well as develop Viral Vector Production Strategy. This includes creation and managements of budgets, scheduling and resource management as well as working cross functionally with Market Development, Business Development and Project Management teams.
3. Be the Subject Matter Expert on Viral Vector production with a focus on Downstream Processing. Technically consult on virus-based therapeutics and develop processes and protocols to show the benefit of company Proteins on viral vector production.
4. This is a Technical Leadership role with Strategic oversight. This is also a commercial role with customer facing requirements where you will technically consult on the company's capabilities.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Viral Vector Downstream Processing Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline, ideally within Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioprocessing or Biological Engineering. Experience with development and production of final viral therapies.
2. Proven industry experience within Downstream Process Development for Viral Vectors or Vaccines. Experience of leadership is vital ideally line management and project leadership.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with CMC regulations as well as knowledge of CMC challenges for Viral Vector Production.
Key Words: Viral Vector | Vaccines | Viral Therapies | AAV | Lentiviral | Retroviral | Mammalian Cells | Purification | Downstream Processing | Downstream Process Development | Bioprocessing | Biopharmaceuticals | CMC | Strategic Development | Leadership | Manager |
Other jobs with similar skills
Wiltshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Technician to join a well-established biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Production Technician you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Production Scientist to join a leading contract manufacturing organisation based in the Staffordshire area. As the Production Scientist you will be responsible for produ...Science
View & Apply