Job Reference: J5634947
Updated On: 20/05/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Viral Vector Scientist
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Viral Vector Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the Viral Vector Scientist you will be responsible for providing expertise to viral vector industrialisation projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Viral Vector Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work across a number of projects involving the utilisation of viral vectors, and will execute independent research to assist the projects.
2. You will use QBD principles for the design, execution and documentation of process development activities across your projects.
3. As the Viral Vector scientist, you will utilise a breadth of prior biological experience and provide engineering solutions for the vector related cell line development, upstream and downstream processes.
4. You will collaborate with Project Managers and the Tech Transfer teams to support the development and transfer of viral vector processes.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Viral Vector Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Life Science subject e.g. Virology, Cell Biology, Gene Therapy
2. Proven academic or industrial experience working with a range of biological techniques and assays
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with gene therapy associated techniques e.g. genetic screening, optimising/developing viral vectors, gene knockdown
Key Words: London | South East | Viral Vector | AAV | Lentiviral | Adenovirus | Vector | Knockdown | siRNA | shRNA | genetic screening | CRISPR screening | cell biology | cellular biology | gene therapy | virology | QBD
Other jobs with similar skills
Technical Application Scientist - Molecular Biology
Paisley | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Molecular Biologist and looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist in molecular biology who speaks fluent Ital...Science
View & Apply
Associate Director Analytical Development - Gene Therapy
Merseyside | £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Associate Director Analytical Development - Gene Therapy to join a leading Biologics company based in the North West of the UK. As the Associate Director Analytical Deve...Science
View & Apply
Technical Application Scientist qPCR - German Speaker
Renfrewshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist with experience of qPCR to join a leading life sciences provider based in the Renfrewshire area. As the Technical Application Scienti...Science
View & Apply