J5631143County DurhamBiotechnology Science Permanent£25,000 to £32,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time15/03/2019Biochemistry Biochemistry – Screening Virology Bioassay R&D R&D – General Science Pre Clinical Research R&D - Preclinical
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Cell Culture We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Cell Culture to join a leading company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Ce... View Job
Laboratory Technician - R&D We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced scientist to join a growing animal health company based in Edinburgh as Laborat... View Job
Head of Programme Management We are currently looking for a Head of Programme Management to join a growing drug discovery and development company based in the UK. The location of ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Virologist to join a growing biotech company based in the Durham area. As the Virologist you will be responsible for supporting antiviral drug discovery and development projects.
Key Words: Virology | Drug Discovery | Small Molecule | Compound Screening | Cell Culture | Drug Development | Plaque Assays | Cell Based Assays | In Vitro
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Virologist will be mostly laboratory based, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Supporting and supervising the screening facility, ensuring sufficient viral and cell line stocks and scheduling screening of new compounds. This will involve supervision of one member of staff.
2. Planning and executing a range of screening assays to test new compounds, mainly cell based assays including plaque assays and transfection assays.
3. Reporting and recording of results and data using eLab Book.
4. Cross discipline communication with colleagues based locally as well as those based elsewhere in the UK.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Virologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in a Biological Sciences discipline eg, Virology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology etc. In addition to this, you will require practical experience with in vitro mammalian cell and virus culture.
2. Experience with small molecule compound management and databases such as Dotmatics is an advantage
3. This role will involve working with a small multi disciplinary team, therefore excellent cross-discipline communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.