Job Reference: J5636623
Status: Open to Applications
We are currently looking for a Windows Server Engineer to work in a Server Operations Infrastructure team. The role is for a Leading Environmental company with muliple locations across the UK. This would be an exciting opportunity for someone who has worked in a server environment looking to advance their career in the IS&T sector in a cloud environment and gain industry-leading experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Windows Server Engineer will be responsible for the operational management and evolution of IT solutions infrastructure; a predominately Windows server environment in AWS. With a keen focus on virtualisation technologies, networking, resilient design, durability, serverless, financial controls and cloud technologies to assist in infrastructure strategy and continuous improvement of PaaS and ‘serverless’ architectures.
1. As the Windows Server Engineer you will help manage all infrastructure elements and ensure maximum availability and value in the supporting and resolution to our Customers issues as raised through our incident management system (ServiceNow). 2. The role will Provide Windows Server Support (AD, DCHP, DNS etc. etc.) for both physical and virtual servers and help recommend improvements on the current infrastructure ensuring that the correct balance between stability and innovation is maintained.
3. As part of the role you will support MS SQL database administration and Scripting / Automation programming knowledge/skills (PowerShell/Python/JSON/YAML) to maintain and conduct platform maintenance on all infrastructure elements.
4. In this role you will help apply infrastructure strategy and continuous refinement to challenge conventional ideas and assumptions related to infrastructure, specifically relating to PaaS and ‘serverless’ architectures.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Windows Server Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a IT or Computer Science field
2. Excellent understanding of DNS, DHCP, File Shares / NTFS / DFS, ADFS, Powershell, Patching, Backups, Troubleshooting, Citrix and VMWare.
3. Proven experience of challenging conventional ideas and assumptions related to infrastructure, specifically relating to PaaS and ‘serverless’ architectures.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.